Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Setting Sail

I like to believe, though I cannot prove, that I am a descendant of John Roberts, aka Bertholomew Roberts, aka Black Bart, aka The Dread Pirate Roberts. Plus, I think the name is catchy, and I like to wear masks (they are terribly comfortable).

This blog is my happy place, where I go to vent and wax grandiose. It is neither intended to be serious nor insightful. Should insight or seriousness happen, contact your physician. If you are a physician, contact yourself.

Gripe O' the Day: Dumb guy on Trax who did not think he could go to Temple Square to see the lights because he is "Christian." - - Sir, I am a Mormon, and I would have no problem visiting the Vatican, the Wailing Wall, or even Meccah if they let me. I can visit those places because I respect the people for whom those places are sacred. I think that you avoid Temple Square, not because you are a Christian, but because you are a closed-minded bigot. Or maybe because the sister missionaries scare you. Whatever the reason, your avoidance of Temple Square is a farce. You are avoiding Mormons, and do not want to be associated with Mormons. In other words, you are prejudiced, and do not respect the people for whom Temple Square is a holy place. The problem then, is neither with the Mormons or with Temple Square, but rather with you, yourself.

No comments: