Monday, December 28, 2009

Your Local Elected Coward

Thanks Will, for planting the seed of this rant. I was going to write it a few days ago but didn't really wanna kill my Christmas buzz. And then I read an article in the USA Today about health care reform and I blew my top.

So, after all the bickering and moaning, all the debating and investiture of tax payer dollars, and after all the bluster from radio commentators, it turns out that even with "Health Care Reform" passing, our trusty politicians have only managed to bring us more of the same.

The article I read today talks about how, once the bill is worked out, some people's insurance premiums with INCREASE. Yeah, that is right. Our worthless, spineless, witless, gutless, clueless, useless, brainless politicians have been working an entire year to bring us this great change and in the end it turns out that they have changed nothing. All they have done is move some of the pieces around the board but not truly advanced the cause of the American people.

It turns out (at least according to this article) that the only people who really stand to benefit from the changes are those who earn less than $40K and are paying for their own private plan. These people will get a government subsudy to buy health insurance while the rest of us will still pay full price, if not an increase in prices. Who the hell does this benefit besides the Health Industry?

The only justification I can think of for this kind of worthless legislation is cowardice. Plain and simple, the people we elect are ineffectual wet noodles. They don't have a real spine between them. America is the only nation in the developed world where sick people are routinely denied care, and our politicians lack the will power and courage to fix it. It is the greatest injustice in our society, but we would rather make sure our doctors remain overpaid.

So congratulations, Senate and House: you have failed us again. Your track record remains unblemished.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan, I have to disagree with you here. Our doctors are the best in the world BECAUSE we pay them. Why would someone decide to go to harvard to become a dr. just to earn minimum wage (for a DR.)? Screw Harvard, why would someone choose to go to Utah, Washington, Stanford, or any other school that is known for it's Medical Care? In turn, I also ask everyone that says the problems (Genocide in rwanda, Afghanistan, Irag) over sees are none of our concern, why then do I pay for your child to go to school or you pay for my child to go to the dr.s for a cold? wouldn't that same person, if they logically connected the dots, say one is the same principle as the other? haha, well, I just ranted to your rant. I could go on, but I won't. I'm making myself gag with all this politics that are out of my control because, as you said, I voted a person to a party.