Thursday, September 6, 2007

End of an Era

The inevitable has finally happened: After six wonderful years, Dana and I have found out when we are going to be moving away from Shoreline. We have to be out of our apartment by October 31. It is going to be a sad day. We have both loved living up here. The ward is awesome, and we have made some really great friends.

We have to move out because I am no longer a student. In fact, we would have had to move out Sept 7th if not for the fact that Dana is staff, and that I called to beg them to let us stay. It is funny that the only time the good people at the former ORL have ever been on top of managerial things is to kick people out. Oh, well. We knew it was coming.

It was funny, because Dana and I went through about 20 different scenarios of how to stay up here, so we only have to move once I get transferred. We registered for classes, considered forcing them to evict us, petitioned for extensions, called the office of the University President, and even considered starting a petition. If it was possible, we considered doing it. In the end, though, we just realised that we would have to take our lumps and move out. No sense in paying tuition for classes I would never take, especially since I would have failed them, and that would have left a mark on my GPA.

So we are going to move out on the 31st. Moving on Halloween. What a bummer. I am so bummed that I don't even think I have the energy to write my gripe. Just know it was scathing, and I showed them no mercy.

No comments: